All the treatment options available will be carefully considered to ensure they are safe and appropriate for each individual and pathology. You will always be given exercises, advice and education to optimise results from your treatment session. You will have access to contact your physio between appointments for additional questions and advice.
Physiotherapy is the discpline which assesses injury,
illness or disability. Your course of Physiotherapy will follow a number of
- Assessment (information on the onset of your injury, your past medical history, family history and previous/current medications, as well as physical assessment of your muscles, joints and nerves)
- Treatment (mobilisations, manipulation, neural mobilisations, massage techniques, exercise prescription, acupuncture etc),
- Rehabilitation and after care (plyometrics, proprioception, balance, strengthening, stretching). Here we can liaise with GPs, personal trainers and pilates instructors, to name a few, to help keep you fit and well.
Individualised Programming – We can develop a
bespoke exercise programme to suit you and your goals. This could be post-op,
post-injury, for weight loss, for strength gain, to improve fitness/sports
performance, or general conditioning.
- Mobility sessions (a group/team workout specific to flexibility, coordination and control – tailored specific to your team/sport).
- Circuit training sessions (a variety of HIIT, AMRAP and interval training tailored to your group),
- Specialised sport-specific warm up routines (a group workout practicing new and innovative exercises to prepare you for sport and help prevent injury)
- Health and wellbeing lectures
Sports Massage is the manipulation of soft tissues to
complement other forms of Physiotherapy. You don’t need to be a sports person
to benefit for the technique as it can be adapted to suit you. This form of
treatment will often be used along side other techniques and exercises.
Acupuncture can be useful for chronic conditions and similar to Sports Massage can be a useful technique alongside other interventions. A full explanation of the procedure will be provided verbally and through an information sheet, you will also be given a consent form to sign.
Taping and Strapping The aims of this service is to offload injured parts, facilitate proprioception (coordination) and aid your ability to complete exercise. The strapping used will be specifically tailored to your needs.
Specific Advice/Education will be based on medical
information about your condition, particular symptoms to monitor/look out for,
required lifestyle modifications and expectations following a successful course
of Physiotherapy. You will have access to contact your physio between
appointments for additional questions and advice if needed.